Virtuoso is custom-made philanthropy. Choose your preferred giving vehicle, establish your priorities, and we will create an experience tailored to your precise needs.
Leverage MCF’s status as a public charity to receive the financial and administrative benefits of a donor-advised fund, combined with the structural benefits of a private foundation. This offering, available to funds of $5MM and greater, is a highly effective and streamlined way to implement organized individual or family giving strategies.
Benefits of Virtuoso
- Independent. You may establish a board of directors on which you may choose to sit. The board can determine its own grant priorities and create its own by-laws. MCF staff will handle all administrative tasks, including the issuance of RFP’s, proposal review, docket preparation, proxy services, and Board minutes.
- Investment flexibility. You may partner with your own investment advisor or firm to design your investment strategy, or ask MCF’s professional Investment Committee to invest the assets on your behalf.
- Cost-effective. You will enjoy set-up fees and annual administrative fees that are significantly lower than those associated with a private foundation
- Tax-efficient. Gifts qualify for maximum tax benefits, including full deductions for contributions of real estate and closely held stock. There is no excise tax on investment income. And there is no annual distribution requirement - unlike private foundations which must make minimum distributions each year, equal to 5% of the value of its assets.
- Access. Virtuoso opens a world of connections. In addition to networking with other members, we can arrange meetings with nonprofit directors, community leaders, and the President and CEO of MCF, Dr. Thomas Peters.
- Family involvement. Virtuoso is an ideal vehicle to create a family tradition of giving, or to better formalize a strategic approach to family philanthropy.
- Private label branding. MCF’s marketing team can develop a brand for you, comprising logo, font system and color palette. Your brand can appear on stationery and in communications. Other promotional materials, including a website, can be designed at your discretion.
- Dedicated senior philanthropic team. A senior personal philanthropic advisor is assigned as the central member of your MCF team. All of our advisors are seasoned professionals in the field and certified as Chartered Advisors in Philanthropy. As they manage small portfolios, you can be assured that your giving receives the attention that it deserves and is designed precisely to serve your needs. This concierge service also provides you with access to in-house experts in the fields of investments, evaluation, communications and issue areas.