There is an increase in low-income students, students of color, and English-learners in Marin, and their education levels lag significantly behind those of the other economic, ethnic, and racial groups, primarily due to insufficient supports in the home, schools, and community.
We will continue to support scholarships for college-bound target students. In addition, we will explore and invest in models and programs that can effectively assist students after they enter college. We will also promote school and community partnerships that provide meaningful supports for parents.
The College Access and Success initiative uses an invitation-only application process. Applications opened on February 7, 2017 and were due by March 6, 2017.
- 10,000 Degrees
- Bridge the Gap College Prep
- Canal Alliance
- College Dream Team Program
- Hannah Project Partnership for Academic Achievement
- Huckleberry Youth Programs, Inc.
- Marin Community College District
- Marin County Office of Education
- Marin Promise Partnership
- Next Generation Scholars
- Parent Institute for Quality Education